BENGAL KITTEN CONTRACT OF SALE
This Agreement (“Pet Agreement”) is entered into between Melissa Kessel Griffith dba ThunderCat Bengals (“Seller”) and PURCHASER NAME (“Purchaser”).
IN CONSIDERATION of the sum of $ AMOUNT (“Purchase Price”), Seller grants, conveys and transfers the following kitten (“Kitten”) to Purchaser.
DESCRIPTION OF KITTEN “XXXXXX”
Breed: BENGAL Color: Brown Spotted Sex: SEX
Purchaser has paid a non-refundable deposit of $300.00 on Date to hold Kitten for the Purchaser. The deposit shall be applied towards the purchase price, Amount due which is due and payable on or before 10 week date, or when the Kitten is collected, as long as date the kitten is picked up within 14 days of 10 week date. In the event the Seller is unable to sell Kitten to the Purchaser, for reasons including, but not limited to, the Kitten’s mortality, Seller have the option of refunding the deposit or replacing the Kitten with a kitten of similar quality (Seller’s choice). Seller shall have 12 months to provide a replacement kitten to the Purchaser.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(1) Kitten shall be kept indoors. Purchaser shall not allow Kitten to roam outside, unless Kitten is leashed and accompanied by a responsible adult.
(2) Kitten is sold only as a pet. Purchaser shall spay or neuter Kitten between 3 months and 9 months of age. Kitten shall not be shown at a cat show without the prior written consent of the Seller.
(3) Purchaser further warrants and agrees that Kitten shall not be used for breeding purposes. In the event Kitten is found to be used for breeding, Seller shall be entitled to receive an additional payment of $2,500.00, within 7 days of written demand being made upon the Purchaser.
(4) Kitten shall not be sold, leased, given away, and abandoned to a shelter, pound, pet shop, research laboratory, humane organization, or any similar facility. If Purchaser is unable to care for the Kitten, Purchaser shall notify the Seller immediately. Purchaser shall use all reasonable effort to rehome the Kitten and Purchaser shall provide details of Kitten’s new owner to the Seller.
(5) Purchaser shall care for the Kitten with a proper diet, housing, health and general care, including maintaining up to date vaccines and proper parasite prevention.
Purchaser agrees to never declaw Kitten. Initial __________
If, in Seller’s opinion, Kitten is neglected or mistreated, Purchaser shall surrender Kitten to Seller unconditionally. “Neglect” or “mistreatment” shall include, but not be limited to, leaving Kitten alone without human companionship for periods in excess of 72 hours, lack of proper sanitary facilities, lack of proper veterinary/medical attention, food or water, physical abuse. Any and all fees associated with the recovery of Kitten shall be paid by the Purchaser, including, but not limited to, any and all court costs and attorney’s fees.
(6) Seller makes no guarantees as to the Kitten’s temperament. We pride ourselves on socializing our kittens, but we cannot predict how the Kitten will act after it leaves the familiar environment of our cattery and its littermates. It is Purchaser’s responsibility to slowly transition Kitten to its new home. Purchaser acknowledges that some kittens may take longer than others to adjust to their new surroundings. Purchaser must notify Seller immediately if kitten is not transitioning well into its new home (e.g. not using the litterbox, has diarrhea) so that Seller is made aware of any issues. If Purchaser has any health or behavior concerns about the Kitten, Purchaser must notify Seller of its concerns immediately. We cannot help you with these concerns if we are not aware of them. If more than 2 weeks have passed before Purchaser notifies Seller of these issues, Seller disclaims any liability of responsibility for these issues.
(7) Purchaser agrees that it will feed Kitten the same food that Kitten was eating at the Seller's premises, and any changes to the Kitten's diet will be done gradually. Any sudden changes to the Kitten's diet may result in diarrhea.
(8) Purchaser shall take Kitten to Purchaser's veterinarian at least once every 12 months for annual physical examinations. Purchaser needs to ensure that a full physical examination (including, but not limited to, an eye exam, ear exam, auscultation) is undertaken. Purchaser shall make all reasonable efforts to keep in contact with the Seller, and keep Seller updated on Kitten's health.
(9) Seller shall provide the registration papers for the Kitten to the Purchaser within a reasonable time of Purchaser’s presentation of a veterinarian’s certificate of spaying or neutering of the Kitten.
(10) This sale is final and there are no cash refunds.
Vaccinated FVRCP at 8 weeks and then as recommended by your veterinarian. It is suggested that kittens need to be vaccinated at 8, 12 & 16 weeks of age.
Kittens parents tested negative for FELV/FIV
Vaccine Used See health record Dewormed: See health record
Seller warrants that Kitten is sold in good health at the time Kitten leaves Seller's premises. Seller further warrants that Kitten has undergone a physical examination by Seller's veterinarian prior to Kitten leaving Seller (including, but not limited to, an eye exam, ear exam, auscultation), and that Seller was not aware of any health issues (including, but not limited to, upper respiratory infections, diarrhea) at the time Kitten leaves Seller's premises. However, the stress from the change in environment (especially if the Kitten is shipped) may cause the Kitten to “break” with an infection, even though the Kitten showed no clinical signs of an infection when it left Seller’s premises. This is why it is important for the Kitten to be checked within three (3) business days of receipt.
This health guarantee does not cover coccidia outbreaks. When a kitten goes into its new home, this can sometimes result in diarrhea/loose stools a few days after arrival. This is typically caused by the parasite coccidia. This is not a congenital problem and is not covered by our health guarantee.
Unless otherwise agreed between the parties in writing, the Purchaser has three (3) business days of receipt of the Kitten to have Kitten examined by Purchaser's veterinarian. Purchaser shall provide Seller with proof of the examination upon Seller’s request. Further, any questionable findings by the veterinarian shall immediately be reported, in writing, to the Seller. If the Kitten is found to be medically deficient with a terminal or life-threatening problem, Seller shall refund the Purchase Price in full or replace Kitten with another of like kind and quality (Seller’s choice), as soon as a replacement is available. All veterinary expenses and return shipping-related expenses are the responsibility of the Purchaser. Seller’s health guarantee shall be null and void if Kitten is exposed to other animals within the first fourteen (14) days of Purchaser receiving the Kitten OR if Kitten is not examined by Purchaser’s veterinarian within three (3) business days.
Kitten is guaranteed against congenital defects for a period of twelve (12) months after the date of birth. If the Kitten is found to have a congenital defect within these twelve (12) months, Seller shall refund the Purchase Price in full or replace Kitten with another of like kind and quality (Seller’s choice), as soon as one is available. Further, should Kitten die during this period as a direct result of a congenital defect (said congenital defect must be confirmed by two independent veterinarians), Seller shall refund the Purchase Price to Purchaser or replace Kitten with another of like kind and quality (Seller’s choice), only if an appropriate necropsy is performed by a licensed veterinarian and a veterinarian’s certificate showing the congenital defect being the direct result of the cause of death is produced. All veterinary expenses and return shipping-related expenses are the responsibility of the Purchaser. Initial ____________
Congenital defects do not include heart murmurs. Heart murmurs can be common in animals and are not life threatening. Kittens can grow out of heart murmurs by age 6-8 months. If the kitten still has a grade 3/6 heart murmur at the age of 8 months old and ECH (purchasers expense) is preformed and the cardiologist diagnoses the kitten with a terminal case purchaser must notify seller immediately to discuss possible kitten replacement. Kitten can still live a nice long productive life. Initial ____________
Multi-cat households: Seller’s guarantee only covers the health of the Kitten. If Purchaser has a multi-cat / multi- pet household, and your other pets come down with health issues after Kitten is introduced, Seller, is not responsible for any veterinary expenses for your other feline(s) and pets, as we are not responsible for their health. Similarly, if Kitten comes down with health issue(s) after its introduction to the multi-pet household, we will be responsible only if your vet certifies, in writing, that Kitten’s health issues are congenital issues. It is Purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that existing felines are up to date on all vaccinations and have been regularly checked by your veterinarian prior to introducing them to Kitten. It is Purchaser’s responsibility to quarantine Kitten for at least fourteen (14) days of receiving the Kitten, if Kitten is going to a multi-pet household. Initial: ________________
Purchaser agrees never to vaccinate this Kitten against FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis) & FeLV (Feline Leukemia). The effectiveness of the vaccine has not been established and the vaccine can cause the disease. Failure to comply will void all health guarantees.
Seller recommends AGAINST the use of Ketamine as anesthesia. There have been reports of Bengals dying with the use of Ketamine as anesthesia. Isoflourine has proved to be a much safer anesthesia for Bengals. Please discuss this with your vet.
If Kitten needs to be returned for reasons other than kitten health-related problems (including, but not limited to, pet conflicts, human allergies), a 50% refund of the Purchase Price (excluding shipping costs, which are also the sole responsibility of the Purchaser) shall be returned to Purchaser, and only after Kitten is determined to be in good health. Kitten may not be returned after the 3-day health guarantee period or if Kitten has been exposed to another kitten, cat or other animal, if Kitten is allowed outside or if Kitten was not housed in a clean and safe environment.
Seller warrants that Kitten was fully litterbox trained when Kitten left Seller's premises. However, the new surroundings may confuse the Kitten and may result in improper elimination. Purchaser needs to ensure that Kitten knows where its new litterbox is located, and Seller recommends that Purchaser use the same type of litterbox and litter used at Seller's premises, to avoid confusing the Kitten.
Kittens do not come with their rabies shots and a pamphlet has been provided with information.
This Agreement shall be final and binding upon the Purchaser and Seller and shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado. Parties shall submit all their disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Arizona. In the event of a dispute between the parties, the prevailing party shall be entitled to his/her attorney’s fees and all costs and expenses associated with the dispute.
Any disagreements resulting from the purchase of this cat will not be published by buyer, seller or their associates on social media or on any internet sites. Damages for violation of this clause
will be $5,000.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have executed and delivered this Agreement on this day of __________.
Melissa Kessel Griffith